For the Media
- ABC News
- Atlanta Parent
- Atlanta Today
- Big Apple Parent (www.parentsknow.com)
- Boston Globe
- Bottom Line National Newsletter
- - How to Create a Spoiled Brat: 9 parenting No-No's
- Common Ground
- Detroit Free Press
- Frugal Mama
- Good Morning America
- Good Morning Arizona KTVK
- Indianapolis Star
- NPR (National Public Radio) (very large mp3 file )
- Marblehead, MA - featured article
- MotheringMoms.com - mentors for moms (alphabetical order so scroll down)
- Seattle Times
- Smart Man Daily.com - The Discipline Dilemma
- The Early Show
- The New York Times
- The New York Times
- The Today Show with Matt Lauer - How to Tame a Spoiled Brat
- WorkAndFamily.com - Yes, you can get your kid to stop whining
- WSB, Atlantas #1 radio station
- and many others. . .
In addition, Nancy was a major contributing editor and columnist for PARENTS Magazine for almost a decade as well as contribution editor for Sesame Street Parents.
Nancy Samalin is available for newspaper interviews and guest appearances on television and radio. To arrange an interview or appearance, please contact:
- "Nancy Samalin's wonderfully wise book belies the notion that children don't come with an instruction manual. This is it! Her practical advice on setting loving limits takes parents well beyond discipline and provides lasting lessons in raising caring, confident kids."
--Ann Pleshette Murphy, former editor-in-chief, Parents Magazine
- "I was impressed not only by the wealth of information
in the book but by the empathy and respect that Nancy conveys
towards parents. I highly recommend "Loving Without
Spoiling" for parents as well as all other adults involved
- --Dr. Robert Brooks, clinical psychologist, Harvard Medical School, author, "Raising Resilient Children"
- "Read it from cover to cover or flip through to find
help with your problem-du-jour. Either way, these warmly-shared
words of advice will enrich your life as well as your parenting
- --Vicki Lansky, author of "Feed Me I'm Yours," "Games Babies Play," and "Practical Parenting Tips"
- "A wonderful resource full of effective ways to minimize
the stresses of parenthood and raise happy, unspoiled children."
- --Jack Canfield, co-author, "Chicken Soup for the Parent's Soul"
Best-selling parenting author and internationally-known speaker Nancy Samalin released her fourth book in September 2002. Following up on her widely-acclaimed three previous books--"LOVING YOUR CHILD IS NOT ENOUGH," "LOVE & ANGER: THE PARENTAL DILEMMA" and "LOVING EACH ONE BEST," the newest book, "LOVING WITHOUT SPOILING," offers parents 100 tips on setting limits without overindulging their children. Nancy's books have been translated into many languages including Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Chinese, and Italian. She is fluent in French and can be interviewed by the French-speaking media.
Nancy Samalin and her work have been featured in a variety of media, including frequent television appearances on "Good Morning America," "The Early Show," "Today," "20/20," CNN, and "Dateline NBC," radio appearances on National Public Radio, WBZ Radio, Boston, and WSMB Radio, New Orleans, as well as magazine features in Parents, Redbook, Family Circle, Ladies' Home Journal, and many other publications. Her speaking engagements and publicity tour for the book will take her to Phoenix, AZ, Cleveland, OH, Atlanta, GA, Seattle, WA, Boston, MA, Toronto, Canada and more than a dozen other cities.
Download a photo of Nancy Samalin:
Download photo of the book jacket
Download publicity flyer
- Press Release in Word Document format
- If you have difficulty
downloading the Word Document:
Click here, copy the text and paste it into a Word Document on your computer.
Sample Flyers for Seminars or Workshops