Need an inspiring, entertaining parenting speaker
for your next event?
Contact Nancy Samalin!
For many years Nancy Samalin has been a parenting speaker giving keynote speeches and seminars throughout the United States, Canada and abroad. In the last two decades she has spoken to thousands of organizations including corporations, schools, universities, hospitals and other institutions. She is a longtime member of the National Speakers Association. Her clients have included organizations as diverse as American Express, Merck, Albert Einstein Medical Center, to the American School in London and the University of North Carolina (See a partial list of Nancys clients here.)
Nancy specializes in a hands-on approach that combines practical advice with an upbeat and humorous speaking style. Her presentations are full of entertaining dialogues and anecdotes that create instant rapport with her audiences. Nancy's warm and witty keynote speeches are often followed by an in-depth question and answer period.
Theresa Greenleaf, Berkeley Carroll School . . .
"You are the epitome of grace, ease and professionalism. The parents were absolutely gob-smacked by your presentation. Berkeley Carroll parents can be a "tough room" and you completely won them over with your charm, humor and incredible insight."
Curious to hear how a parent reporter reacted to one of Nancy's speeches? Read the article.
Nancy is a featured speaker for Common Ground!
Common Ground is a coalition of Bay Area schools that have joined together to provide parent education to their communities.
If you're considering Nancy Samalin as a keynote speaker for your event, watch her demo videos below. It features excerpts from her talks as well as information on her books, media appearances and more. Plus you can see her in action!
Please be patient - these videos may take some time to load. Thank you.
These topics are among the most popular, sought after, requested topics, but Nancy can also adapt her presentations to your needs regarding most main-stream parenting issues.
Without Spoiling: Why it's OK to be unpopular with your
Discipline: Alternatives to yelling, nagging, bribing
and Anger: What to do when kids drive you up the wall.
sibling rivalry and fighting: Learn when and how to intervene.
- Survival skills for parents of teens: Develop techniques that will help you "respond" and not "react" to normal adolescent behavior.
The following is a partial list of various organizations where Nancy has spoken. Underlined organizations link to thank-you letters and testimonials. Asterisks (*) indicates a return visit.
CANADA AND ABROAD:
- Alberta Teachers' Assn.,CAN
- Bruce Grey Children’s Services, Ontario, CAN
- Calgary Teachers Association, Alberta, CAN
- CPAS, B.C., CAN
- CSA Europa, Frankfurt, GER
- Family & Children's Services, Nso, CAN
- Greater Edmonton Teachers' Assn., Alberta, CAN
- Havergal College, Tor, CAN
- James Bay Family Resource Ctr., B.C., CAN
- Nanaimo Family Life Assn., CAN
- Parent Resource Ctr, Ontario, CAN
- The American School in London, UK
- The American University, Paris, FRA
- University of Singapore/Merculearning, Singapore (Mar. 04).
COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES:
- Adelphi University, NY
- ASU West, AZ; Bank Street College of Education, NY*
- College of the Canyon, CA
- Conejo Valley Adult School, CA*
- New School University, NY*
- Sarah Lawrence College, NY*
- South Bay Adult School, CA
- UNC Charlotte, NC*
- Wheelock College, MA
- Albert Einstein Medical Center
- NY; Lenox Hill Hospital, NY*
- Lutheran General Hospital, IL
- Northern Westchester Hospital, NY
- Providence Alaska Medical Ctr., AK
- Somerset Medical Ctr., NJ
- Swedish American, IL
- Overlake Hospital, WA
- Northside Hospital, GA
- St. Mary Medical Ctr, PA
- King’s Daughters Medical Ctr, KY
- Advocates for Children, ME; Early On, MI
- Alabama Assn. for Young Children, AL
- American Montessori Society,US
- Beech Acres, OH
- Bellefaire Jewish Children’s Bureau, OH
- Boston Parents Paper, MA*
- California Parenting Institute, CA*
- Child Abuse Prevention Council, CA
- Children's Museum of Houston, TX
- City of Santa Clarita, CA
- Clinton County Counseling Center, MI
- Common Ground - a coalition of Bay Area schools that have joined together to provide parent education to their communities, CA
- Conejo Valley Adult Education, CA*
- JCC of Manhattan, NY
- Jewish Book Fair, GA*
- Junior League of Kingsport, TN
- Levis JCC, FL
- Lifespan Community Health Services
- Maryland Council of PPNS, MD
- Nat'l Assn. for the Education of Young Children*
- New Canaan Cares, CT*
- Parent Guidance Center, NH
- Parent Universities*
- U.S.Coast Guard, NY
- Wellesley Mother’s Forum, MA
- Westchester Reform Temple, NY
- Young Presidents Organization, NY*
SCHOOLS AND SCHOOL DISTRICTS:
- All Saints’ Episcopal Day School, AZ
- Atlanta International, GA
- Brearley School, NY*
- Burgundy Farm Country Day School, VA
- Chapin School , NY*
- Convent of the Sacred Heart, NY
- Dalton School, NY*
- Episcopal School, NY*
- Ethical Culture/Fieldston, NY*
- Far Hills Country Day School, NJ
- Friends Seminary, NY*
- Galloway School*, GA
- Greensboro Day School, NC
- Greenwich Academy, CT*
- Hockaday School, TX
- Horace Mann School, NY*
- Indian Mountain School, CT
- Kids Base and the Little School, NY
- Loyola Schools, NY
- Marymount School, NY
- Master's School, NY
- Merrick Union Free S.D., NY
- Missoula County Schools, MT
- New Canaan Country Day, NY*
North Shore Country Day, IL
- Pace Academy, GA
- Phoenix Country Day School, AZ*
- Ramaz School, NY
- Riverdale School, NY*
- Rye Country Day, NY
- Sabot School, VA
- St. Peter Lutheran School, IL
- The Scottsdale School, AZ
- Trinity School, GA
- United Nations Int'l. School, NY*
- Walker School, GA
- West Des Moines Community S.D., IA.
(*Denotes return engagement.)
you so much for a fantastic keynote address at our annual Parenting Matters
Conference. You did an excellent job in conveying very sage parenting
advice in a humorous and easily understood manner. The evaluations from
participants were overwhelmingly positive, and I had many of them contact
me personally with their praises."
--Marsha E. Weiss, RN, MS (Director, Community Health Services, Lifespan)
were sorry when the night ended, as we could have listened and learned
from you for hours more. Even the most skeptical 'I've heard it all' parents
were enthusiastic and genuinely impressed with your talk."
--L. Zimmerman, PTA Pres. (Chappaqua School District, NY)
",... by far the most frequent comment has been, "Thank you for bringing her and when is she coming back?" Obviously your sense of humor, compassion and warmth came through as you spoke and touched a place in everyone who came to see you... I was really expecting so much from you and you by far exceeded my expectations! Thank you for the wonderful job that you do, and the difference you make every day in the lives of our most precious gift, our children."
--Janet Frye, St Peter's Lutheran School PTL
More testimonials from Nancys clients and audience members.
To inquire about Nancy's honorarium, please contact the office directly.